The Early Childhood Intervention-Lebanon (ECIL) center was inaugurated in June 2011 following an urgent need at the national level for newborns at risk or/and having development delays, as this category did not have the appropriate services* to empower them and their families for proper integration in society.
The center is another social initiative affiliated with Imam Sadr who believes that a nation or a society is like a human body, any disorder would affect the whole organism. And those who can see and diagnose this disorder have the responsibility of treating it.
After ten years, we reached to a harmonized stage where most important research findings and scientific conclusions in the field of early childhood and early intervention are available respecting our Lebanese culture. This was accomplished through ECIL multidisciplinary team, each in his field of specialization, who uses inclusive therapeutic approaches and specialized scientific practices based on evidence, practice, integrative work and permanent coordination.
When we mention “the appropriate services” we mean by that:
- A service based on early childhood standards and characteristics
- A service based on integrative, collaborative work
- A service based on all developmental fields within the framework of self-regulation and the necessary care
- A service based on family empowerment and involvement in early intervention programs
- A service based on an individual family plan that is modified according to the needs of the family and the child, based on measurable goals.
- A service based on empowering the family with the skills necessary to complete its journey in society.
Worth noting that most of the existing treatment team is qualified and licensed to carry out standardized and specialized assessment tests in early childhood
Our programs are presented within several innovative dynamics: sometimes combined or single, as needed, here are some of them:
* PCIIP The Relational Communicative Program: It was created in 2018 as a result of cooperation between the Department of Speech, Language and Psychological Intervention with the aim of building a healthy relationship at the communicative and psychological level between parents and their child. Standardized and scientifically proven standards and tests are used in this program.
Click to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQPfmvCVOp0
* TED: It is a new work technique applied by ECIL Center with children with delays, communicative disorders, or autism disorders. It aims to develop children’s social communication and interaction skills. The center participated in its Arabization (ie, its translation) and its application with children in cooperation with Saint Joseph University.
Click to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NJcFv1gXHw
* Feeding therapy: The application of this intervention has evolved, after the Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy departments participated in a Canadian specialized course that lasted a whole year remotely in the treatment of eating and swallowing problems, and the center has started this service since June 2020.
Click to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9BoOQMgHz4
* FRI: We believe in the importance of partnership with the parents in the success of the intervention plan with the child and based on the studies that have proven that the child learns better in his natural environment (individuals, place and means), + the intervention service based on the family routine intervention came to accompany the family in their daily program with their child, in order to contribute to Stimulating all aspects of the mental, communicative, kinetic and social, and enabling him to become an independent and socially interactive participant. The service provider uses several strategies including observation, modeling and implementation with feedback.
Click to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8TPdYtfSbs
* The special program for families who will have a baby or have recently had a child with trisomy 21 (Down syndrome): It aims to empower the family and educate it to help its child discover his skills and abilities through joint sessions with the multidisciplinary team: pediatric neurologist, occupational therapist, psychomotor therapist, Speech and language therapist, psychologist, physical therapist and midwife.
Click to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmIhYvriFI4
* Case Manager: the family coordinator plays a key role, created by the center as a result of the need for a specialist familiar with the child's developmental fields and who has the knowledge of the existing specialists and techniques used to be developed and communicated in a simplified way to the family. The case manager must also communicate the family's priorities to the work team and ensure permanent coordination in goals.
Click to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfHSjAzmlhg
Our results last year showed a high percentage of families’ involvement in the programs followed with their children, and we were able to significantly reduce the average age of children referred to the center during the past five years, so that we are now receiving mothers during the last pregnancy period who are preparing to have a child.
The digital media department exposes ECIL to the world via multi-communication structures...
Support Services office responsibility is to ensure a smooth work running process...
We seek all the social and economic information related to the child’s household and follow up...
We provide full support to the parents by accompanying, guiding and supporting them ...
This Unit plays a crucial role in the intervention process as the neuro- pediatrician reviews...
FRI is an essential service and an integral part of multidisciplinary...
It aims to gradually and methodically; transform random acts into purposeful social behaviors...
Psychomotor therapy is a profession deploying its expertise as much in the diagnosis ...
The occupational therapy department focuses on supporting children and enabling ...